Wednesday 25 July 2012

Surprise

Woke up early this morning and went for a fish and started the fire whilst the other two slept. Tali started breakfast -sausage, cheese and onion toasties whilst me and Dan went for a wash in the river ( yes I did jump in twice )
Set off around midday and paddled for some time before stopping at a closed Riverside Inn to refill our waters in the outside tap.
Paddled further and decided to get out and walk through a town ( Cressage I think ) Picked up some beer and food. On the way through a field a horse reared up at me as I walked behind it, lesson learned. Then crossed a gypsy camp to get back to the canoes.
Far too late for camp again but we passed through an abbey and found an amazing stone beach with loads of nice sand?? We are camping on the sand right next to the river. Best place so far I think but again unofficial.
Ironbridge rapids are a couple of miles and we all can't wait but hope our canoe and luggage will he fine.
Quote Tali tonight " I dont know if I will like scampi fries if they taste like scampi in real life....."
On a separate note I have been looking for a way to ask my girlfriend Georgii to marry me for some time now, so hope this is a nice way. ( sorry the picture is faint, but I built a nice feature for you.) The ring is in my back pack at with you already.
So, will you marry me?? :)
I love and miss you xx













9 comments:

  1. Omg YES YES YES :D I love you so much! Eeeeep xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent news, congratulations you guys :) Julie @ David xx

      Delete
  2. Yippee! Love you guys. Congratulations! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well played Stu! Congratulations to you both from Will and Amy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well this is one truly memorable expedition!!!!!!;; congratulations to you both. And lots of love xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fantastic...so pleased for you both...what a lovely proposal..xxx

      Delete
  5. A proposal with a difference ,brilliant! Thats real special.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where is the pic of you down on one knee, Stu?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol, Nice one :-)

    ReplyDelete